cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5500 Port down on device

nwdebernardo
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a cisco 5500 wireless controller and one of my ports are down, how do I either bring this port up manually within the CLI or GUI or change the physical status from auto negotiate to Full Duplex 1000 Mbps to match the other ports?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Go to Controller > Ports  , available options may depend on controller model

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This might be a dumb question, but is the sfp in a working state and or the cable/connection?  Have you tried to swap out the sfp with another working one to see if the port comes back up?  Until the port is up on both sides, you should not see Full Duplex 1000Mbps.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Also - have you changed/inserted/removed SFPs at all?

There are some quirks with 5520 and SFPs that may require a reboot sometimes. Refer to the "Switching Between 10 G and 1 G" section at
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/5500/5520/install-guide/b-wlc-ig-5520/m-overview.html 
for more info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card