Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 & 1142 AP REGISTRATION KEEP ALIVE TIME , MINIMUM REQUIRED BANDWIDTH

HI ,

I Have few dobuts in WLC setup as to clear with my customer plz help me out ..     

1>> In how much duration time  the keep alive used to do between WLC and AP .Can we able to increase it to like 365 days .

2>> How much bandwidth it require like to register with wlc . (As i have to WLC in two sites and i have 10 remote sites with
1 Mbps link so in each site i have 4 ap . So will that be a problem .

3>>Customer wants to have 4 SSID to display on all site they want same ssid on all site but ip address (vlan ) in other sites are
different.Will it works in that manner .

4>>customer have old 1120 ap and 4400 existing they are using WPA2  and radius authentication , But here when client trys to connect
they have to remove certificate and all . Now they are asking they dont want to do those removing certificate and all. As they
loged in to active directory user they should able to connect ssid and login to wifi network .

5>> If AP is up and running suddently if both WLC got turnned off then also the ap should continue to work or not until AP get turned off .

Breeze Joseph Kuriakose Sr Network Engineer
1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you want to use the local subnet to place the traffic on, then you will need to have AP's that are supported in FlexConnect mode.  The 1120's your customer has, is not supported.  In h-reap/FelxConnect mode, you can specify what SSID should be mapped to what local vlan id at the remote site.  This mode, also allows for the WLC to be down and will still be able to function.  With the AP's you have now, there is no way you can keep the AP's up when the WLC is not reachable nor will you be able to place traffic local to that site.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob41dg/ch7_HREA.html#wp1001143

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card