Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508, 7.4.100.0, dot1x and web auth

eirmad
Level 1
Level 1

Release notes for 7.4.100.0 states;

"Security during client authentication is enhanced by applying both 802.1X and Web Authentication for a WLAN."

Anybody know anything about this and how-to's?

Eirik

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's a new feature that allows you to also use 802.1x with WebAuth. Now why would you do that... I don't know. For guest users you really want to only do ope encryption with WebAuth either pass through or authentication.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I know what it is. :-)

Want to test to use web auth after dot1x. Do not trust dot1x alone anymore, now that it is so easy to steal sertificates from laptops...

Would like to force users (after eap-tls with certificate) to logon using their AD cred.

Eirik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Well I understand.... I just don't see many places going to do that due to some higher ups not wanting to have to sign in.  I see it now and thats not even using both....

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Do you see any other way of doung eap-tls with cert and AD logon?
Use of Cisco's AnyConnect?

Eirik

Well if you really want some sort of 2 factor, ISE and AnyConnect will be able to do eap-chaining.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Yeah, I guess.

30-40000 users, if I could use my ACS's with ent. license I would be a lot more happy that buy a 25000 concurrent license for ICE.

You see? ;-)

Well... I understand... you will just have to see how the webauth works, especially with roaming and devices going to sleep.  That is the stuff you will have to tweak.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card