cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 - Error extracting webauth files.

Marco Aresu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i am getting an error during the Upload of Login page for WLC 5508 customized.

After the upload is completed i receveid the error "Error extracting webauth files."

I tried to create the file *.tar with different program (winrar, 7zip, gnu tar, etc)

anyone know the solution for this problem?

Thanks

Marco

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I use PowerArchiver and once in a while 7-zip.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Marco Aresu
Level 1
Level 1

Solved. Tar issue

Hi, May i know what program you use to solve the issue?

I use PowerArchiver and once in a while 7-zip.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi, same problem and same tool/method have been tried out/applied but still doesn't work for me. any other option should i look into? my controller is 5508 running 7.4.100.0...

hi,

be sure to create TAR file of (login.html+folder CSS) and not TAR file of login folder.

TQVVM Marco, it helps and issue resolved. I was downloading a folder consists of (login.html+folder CSS) compressed .TAR but failed. Instead of putting in a folder and directly downloaded the compressed .TAR and it was extracted successfully.

Thanks.

im having a similar issue, its letting me uplaod a .tar of just login.html but it errors when i create a .tar file with an image in as well.

The maximum size of all the files should be lower than 1MB for the controller to extract it.

tiengkeun
Level 1
Level 1

I can upload to WLC by use 7zip (Windows 7 32bit)

Note - WLC version 7.6.130.30

mario.jost
Level 3
Level 3

I had the same issue. Problem for me was, that i used a multilangual version that had:

login_DE.html
login_FR.html
login_IT.html

...and so on. As soon as i created an empty login.html and logout.html, unpacking was successful. Used 7zip to create the tar file wihtout the use of folders. Working with vWLC 8.3.102

Best is to use Unix program (example: Cygwin Terminal- is free software that provides a Unix-like environment ) to create a tar file (even it will work with the diff login_IT/login.Fr or login.DE.html names...)

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: