cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 Licensing

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

I have recently deployed a 5508 with base license and license for 11 AP's.  Now I want to add another controller for redundancy wanted to find out how the licensing works?  Do I need to get 11 more licenses for this one too?

And as I add AP licenses to the primary controller do I have to add the same number to the secondary one too?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohammad,

yes, the licensing on the WLC should match if you are wanting to use them for redundancy/failover.  Each WLC will require unique licenses.

HTH,
Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the quesiton as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohammad,

yes, the licensing on the WLC should match if you are wanting to use them for redundancy/failover.  Each WLC will require unique licenses.

HTH,
Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the quesiton as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Ah that sucks I mean about the licensing lol.  Thank you for the answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: