Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc 5508 multiple country codes + mesh ap

Paul Zon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Currently my solution consist of two 5508 controllers and several non-mesh and few mesh AP (2600) running in flexconnect mode in one single site in europe.

Everything is going fine.

However there is going to be a new site in Canada.

I found some documentation saying that multiple country code is not available for mesh ap. Mesh ap are not going to join controller if multiple country code configured . but all this documentation is regarding version 7.2 and older.

Im running version 7.4.100.0 and on configuration guide I don't find anything related to that.

Am I going to have problems with this as well?

If yes, what is the recommendation solution for this situation?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is your staright up answer.... You need to have another WLC.  Here is my WLC running 7.4.100.0

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is your staright up answer.... You need to have another WLC.  Here is my WLC running 7.4.100.0

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thanks Scott Fella,

That's not good news! So if I need, apart of Canada, another AP in Japan means I need another wlc? That means a lot of WLC by the end.

Is there a way to convert mesh ap to non-mesh ap?

or the best way is just to change all mesh to non mesh aps?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Or, since I have two WLC, one can register all mesh ap and non mesh ap in europe, and on the other WLC can register only non mesh ap within diferent continents?

Chris

You can but just remember. What ever country domain you allow, the WLC will only use the channel and power that they have in common o each other.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Does anyone know if Cisco will be supporting multi country mode and mesh mode together on the same controller? The other option I have is to maybe break my HA mode and have one controller for my mesh / bridges and the other for multi country. Then have my critical access points configured in primary / secondary for high availability.

They do support multiple country code, but with regulations, the WLC will use the common channels and power for each of the countries you have defined. Now this will never change so its still best to have separate WLC per country if possible. Especially with mesh since the backhaul is on the 5ghz, this is really your limitation is you have AP's in a country where there is no allowed 5ghz or a minimum number of allowed channels.

-Scott

The mesh I will keep with me (ZA) the other country's I'll change to flexconnect.(US / GB). But I do get where you going with the 5ghz and where some don't allow the 5ghz range. - Would have been nicer if they just disabled those. ie

country x is not allowed to have 5ghz - if selected - disable mesh

I hear ya:)

-Scott

Martin Bosch
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco hint hint ;-)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card