Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 & OEAP & HREAP AP & AP Policies

alex.roth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One questio regarding the settings for the AP Policies together with OEAP !

I´m using right now a WLC 5508 as a Flexconnect & OEAP Controller into our DMZ.

Now I´m thinking  about to use the feature  "AP Policies"  for my OEAP that only OEAP with inserted MAC adress

under the AP Authorization list can join the WLC .The question for me is now is this a global command if I´m

enable this feature under AP policies  and then "Authorize MIC APs against auth-list for AAA" . Have I then add

all APs  ( OEAP & HREP APs ) or can I limited this feature only for my  OEAP without  an impact to the HREAP/LWAPP APs ?

Thanks for help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alex,

You have to add all APs MAC into this list in order to get them registered to this WLC.

When you enable this feature, it won't disturb already registered AP connectivity. But if you reboot one of them you would see it is not able to register without adding its MAC address into the list.

You can do this easily via WLC CLI, if you have a list of MAC addresses of your APs which needs to register with this controller. Below is the CLI syntax to do this

config auth-list ap-policy authorize-ap enable

config auth-list add mic

config auth-list add mic

config auth-list add mic

config auth-list add mic

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Alex,

You have to add all APs MAC into this list in order to get them registered to this WLC.

When you enable this feature, it won't disturb already registered AP connectivity. But if you reboot one of them you would see it is not able to register without adding its MAC address into the list.

You can do this easily via WLC CLI, if you have a list of MAC addresses of your APs which needs to register with this controller. Below is the CLI syntax to do this

config auth-list ap-policy authorize-ap enable

config auth-list add mic

config auth-list add mic

config auth-list add mic

config auth-list add mic

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Hello ,

Thanks for your good expalantion .
Regards
Alex