cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 software upgrade to v8.0.121.0 encountered an issue on Flex APs

Oggie Quijano
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded the software of our WLC 5508 from v7.4.121.0 to v8.0.121.0 and after I applied the upgrade to WLC, I pre-download the software to all APs including FlexConnect APs, I noticed that other Flex APs were able to download the software but not on other Flex APs (particularly on 3602e) but local APs are OK

My issue is, I cannot save & reboot the WLC as it prompts me that APs are still being downloading s'ware even if the status on the AP is already failed

another issue is that if power was cut on the WLC, how will it affect the Flex APs?

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Try telling it to reboot the affected AP's.

already rebooted the affected APs but same problem

I think you are going to need to plug into the AP console port, give it a reboot, and see what error is reported.

Actually another option.  I notice you are doing a very big version jump.

Perhaps try going to the gold star release 7.4.140.0  first, and then jump to 8.0.121.0.  Then you are going from gold star release to gold star release.

Perhaps there is a bug in the specific version of code you are using preventing the upgrade from working.

we have other WLCs that we applied similar upgrade (from v7.x to v8.x) but so far, this WLC with Flex APs is affected but not all Flex APs from other sites are affected but Flex APs from one location only.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card