cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 Soultion

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to install the Cisco WLC 5508  in the network.

I will have two SSID one for the Corporate Users authenticated through the AD and one for the Guest Users.

I want whenever guest wants to connect through the GUEST SSID they will get a web page prompt where they

can fill their First name, Last Name, Ph and email address.

Once they fill this information they should get the username/password on their mobile/email for certain period of time.

I want to achive this functionality within the Controller.

If this is not possible then at least Web page with first name last name and email address and once they submit

this information their Internet should start working automatically without any administration.

Please let me know if this is achievable or not.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The WLC doesn't really store it. It will be logged or placed with all the other logs. You will have to customize the HTML in which there are examples in which you can download from Cisco. If you have some good web developers you can use an external web server and have the WLC redirect to that web server and then you can capture that info in a database. You would need to have someone that has expertise in web coding for that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The WLC will not be able to do what you want with the default settings. What you are explaining requires ISE and the self registration piece. If you don't care about if the user puts in the correct info or not, since the WLC does not know, you can use the pass through splash page and create a custom page. You can find some sample HTML pages on the Cisco downloads. It's located where you would download the code for the WLC.

If you use this and create a custom page, you can add fields in HTML for the uses first name, last name, and email, but the WLC does not send to to a database as it just sends it to its general log. Users can put whatever they want anyways.

-Scott

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

Once the user will put the first name last name etc on the HTML page, where the controller will store this inforamtion, Where this information will go, how can i check later on this inforamtion.

Secondly, I dont want authencation and i will not configure any authentication for the GUEST. It will be open with no authentcation but i need some sort of form to be present automatically to the user where user put either right or wrong, mobile number, email, first name, last name etc.

This is requrie so that At least I can see that someone login and using even though with the fake name, and email address.

Please also let me know either time limit on the HTLM Page will be possible or not.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The WLC doesn't really store it. It will be logged or placed with all the other logs. You will have to customize the HTML in which there are examples in which you can download from Cisco. If you have some good web developers you can use an external web server and have the WLC redirect to that web server and then you can capture that info in a database. You would need to have someone that has expertise in web coding for that.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card