Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 vs Flex 7500 - The Differences

wirelessdeploy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am planning an HREAP deployment; a data centre with multiple remote sites. HREAP has been evaluated and meets our requirements. We are now looking at buying some equipment for this deployment. For controllers, we are considering either the 5508 or the new 7500. Other than cost, scalability and different hardware what are the differences between the platforms? So far I have found:

1. AP's in local mode not supported on 7500, the 5508 supports AP's in local mode.
  2. The 7500 cannot be used as a guest anchor controller, the 5508 can.

Are there any others I am missing?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Flex 7500 has 10gig ports and requires a 10gig connection compared to gigabit ports on the 5508.

Here is a matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml#HREAPGROUPS

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you for the reply, as mentioned I was looking for differences other than scalability or hardware, looking to see if one has any features the other doesnt.

Only major difference is the Flex 7500 supports h-reap only, but you had that on your list.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card