Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Hope someone maybe can help me here

We have a 5520 WLC controller for our following AP's

AIR-CAP2702I-E-K9

AIR-AP2802I-E-K9

C9120AXI-E

We have around 53 access points located on our location. After deploying our new AP - C9120AXI-E alot of people have been complaining about slow wifi. I have been taking some speedtest on Cable and wifi .. No problem on Cable, 1000/1000 .. But wifi goes from 30/30 to 240/240 .. I also tested a day where there was no one in the building and still same wifi speed.

I have checked our switch, RF profiles on WLC. Cant really figure out what else to check

Hope someone can guide me in the right direction 

best regards

Max Olsen

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check current software version being used  on the controller, because of the newly introduced model, it is good advice to look for the most recent advisory and or gold-starred release.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@maxolsen wrote:

After deploying our new AP - C9120AXI-E alot of people have been complaining about slow wifi.

1. What firmware is the controller running on? 
  2. Are you able to replicate the issue when people are around? 
    Are you able to determine if people were connected to 2.4 Ghz or 5.0 Ghz when they were complaining about the network slowness?
  3. What about 2700/2800?  Are people complaining of the same slowness when connected to these AP models?

Hi,

Check the radio which is being enabled in C9120AXI-E.

Operational status of the radio.

while placing the new access point in the existing premise, proper survey has been done?

Regards,

Anjana

Hello, 
We are facing at the same problem.
Have you found a solution?
Regards,

Rich R
VIP
VIP

@Service Informatique GFC that's a very old post so it would be better to start a new thread.

Either way "We are facing at the same problem" is not a good enough description to help you with!
Please provide:
- A full and detailed description of the problem and what troubleshooting steps you have already pursued?
- What model of WLC?
- What model(s) of APs?
- What version of software?
- What types of clients are affected - only certain OS/device type etc

General things:
- Make sure software version is up to date as per TAC recommended below
- Make sure client device OS and drivers are fully up to date
- Check your WLC config with https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/ using "show run-config" output from AireOS or "show tech wireless" from 9800

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card