Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5520 RTU license!

Hello everyone, There is a very anxious fault here, we bought the WLC5520 with 50 permanent licenses, so I added 50 RTU licenses, but here shows no-in-use, I don't know what this is, please help me solve, thank you very much . Here is the show license command and some logging: (Cisco Controller) >Show license all Feature name: ap_count License type: Evaluation License Eula: Accepted Evaluation total period: 12 weeks 6 days Evaluation period left: 89 days License state: Inactive, Not-In-Use License Nodelocked: Yes RTU License Count: 1500 Feature name: ap_count (adder) License type: Permanent License state: Active, Not-In-Use License Nodelocked: No RTU License Count: 100 =========================================== Total available count : 100 Total inuse count : 0 (Cisco Controller) >Show license capacity Licensed Feature Max Count Current Count Remaining Count Remaining Capacity -------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------- AP Count 100 0 100 1500/1500 (Cisco Controller) >show license status License Type Supported Base Non-expiring node locked license Adder adders to the AP count licenses Evaluation Expiring node locked License License Operation Supported Add Add adder or feature licenses Delete delete adder or feature license Activate activate evaluation or feature license Deactivate deactivate evaluation or feature licenses HBL Version: 1.0.0 Build 1 *emWeb: Jun 14 13:28:48.507: %LWAPP-3-MAX_LRAD_CNT_UPDATED: spam.c:231 Max LRAD count is modified, old count:1500, new count:1500 *emWeb: Jun 14 13:26:04.719: %LWAPP-3-MAX_LRAD_CNT_UPDATED: spam.c:231 Max LRAD count is modified, old count:50, new count:1500 *osapiBsnTimer: Jun 14 13:18:38.064: %DTLS-3-HANDSHAKE_FAILURE: openssl_dtls.c:3224 Failed to complete DTLS handshake with peer 10.180.58.227 *spamApTask3: Jun 14 13:08:20.752: %CAPWAP-3-DTLS_CLOSED_ERR: capwap_ac_sm.c:7076 50:2f:a8:21:00:80: DTLS connection closed forAP 10:180:58:227 (5256), Controller: 10:180:58:250 (5246) AP Message Timeout *spamApTask3: Jun 14 13:08:20.752: %CAPWAP-3-MAX_RETRANSMISSIONS_REACHED: capwap_ac_sm.c:7623 Max retransmissions reached on AP(50:2f:a8:21:00:80),message (CAPWAP_IMAGE_DATA_REQUEST ), number of pending messages(1)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
12 Replies 12

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Could you try to post the output once again, it's not really readable.
In any case, after you change a license you have to reboot the wlc for it getting active (for example switching from Evaluation to RTU).

This is what it should look like, once RTU licenses are being used:
(Cisco Controller) >show license summary

Feature name: ap_count
License type: Evaluation
License Eula: Not Accepted
Evaluation total period: 12 weeks 6 days
License state: Inactive, Not-In-Use
RTU License Count: 1500

Feature name: ap_count (adder)
License type: Permanent
License state: Active, In-use
RTU License Count: 186

(Cisco Controller) >

onde comprar a licença lic 5520_50 rtu?

As far as I can see, it’s completely End of Sale for licenses, unless you
already have a valid one, that you wish to extend/renew:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/5520-wireless-con
troller/eos-eol-notice-c51-744430.html

Keep in mind that if you are in a bind, you can just add more AP's in the rtu.  This is really a trust between you and Cisco, but if you no longer can buy the license, then just add the additional ap's you need in the rtu.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
On the 5520 along with other controllers that have RTU license. You go to the license section and add the amount you purchased and hit apply. You will be prompt to accept the agreement and then the license will take. On the main advanced page UI, you will see the AP license count you have applied on the top right of the controller picture.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi.
I have a 5520 with 50 licenses.
I've bought 200 licenses that are on my CCO account, but I can't find a way to download the file and upload it to the controller to activate these licenses. I've search on the web so far got nothing.

What I am missing?

I need to add the new licenses to the 5520 wlc and I don't know the procedure.

*edit
I've found in this document how to add RTU licenses
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-1/KVM/b_CUWN8-1-vWLC-Deployment-Guide-using-LinuxKVM.pdf

To install AP adder licenses, click Management > Software Activation > Licenses.

Step 2 In the Adder License area, in the License Count field, set the license task to Add, enter the number of AP licenses you

have purchased for the vWLC, and then click Set Count.

Read the End User License Agreement (EULA) and click I Accept.

Apparently this approach is based in trust, because Cisco has no way of validating this.

Go to Management --> Licenses --> On the Adder License enter count 200 and click the set count and Accept EULA.

You are right to use 200 license on your account.

RTU.jpg

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

@Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran wrote:

Go to Management --> Licenses --> On the Adder License enter count 200 and click the set count and Accept EULA.

You are right to use 200 license on your account.

I've bought 300 RTU licenses and they are on my account on Cisco CCO.

Can't I add the 300?

Yes, you can add 300. Since you are telling license are in CCO . Hopefully your Service contract of WLC will be tagged to same account. 

Regards,

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

yes, I got everything in my account! great!

Ok. Then proceed with that. No problem unless and until you are adding more numbers then what you are purchasing :)
Regards,

A also use 5520, and my controller support 1500, now license  full 100ap, and i by add license add 100 ap, but i down known how to cisco chẽck my device, ex service tag or serial number.If my company has a license check how can I prove it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: