Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5520 SNMP

dzwissler1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having issue viewing my WLC 5520 on my monitoring software, I believe it is a SNMP problem but I cannot seem to enable SNMP on the controller itself, only for the WAPs, yet still I cannot see the WAPs.

I have a 5508 that I can see on my monitoring software as well as the WAPs connected to it.

4 Replies 4

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7

Can you do a show snmp community and show snmp trap on your WLC (Maybe *** out the actual SNMP community strings for security).

What are you trying to achieve, sending traps to the monitoring software or have it use RO/RW SNMP to see what you want?

Also what code are you running on the 5520.

Thanks,

Ric

-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

(Cisco Controller) >show snmpcom

IPSec mode: Disabled / Profile: none

SNMP Community Name Client IP Address Client IP Mask Access Mode Status
------------------- ----------------- ----------------- ----------- --------
****** 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Read Only Enable
********** 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Read/Write Enable
********** 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Read/Write Enable
*** 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Read Only Enable

(Cisco Controller) >show snmpt

SNMP Trap Receiver Port...162

SNMP Trap Receiver Name IP Address Status IPSec - State/Profile Name
------------------------ ---------------- ----------- ------------------------------------------------
***** 10.***.**.206 Enable Disabled / none
*****10.***.**.206 Enable Disabled / none

(Cisco Controller) >

I have a Fluke OptiView XG that I use to map my network as well as Observium which I use to alert me should any devices go down. Both of these run over SNMP, neither will pick up my 5520 and associated WAPs.

I have software version 8.5.103.0 on the 5520

At a glance it looks fine... 8.5.103.0 is a deferred release, maybe downgrade to 8.5.120.0 or, I think even better, go to 8.3.140.0 unless you need that higher code? From what I can gather, most people (including myself) are running either the 8.2.x or 8.3.x codes as they are more stable.

Thanks,
Ric
-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

I have downgraded to to 8.2.166... Still unable to see the device on my monitoring software. 

Is there a way to enable SNMP on the WLC itself instead of just enabling it for associated WAPs? Similar to a switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card