Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5520 some (not all) clients get ip 0.0.0.0

Abdullah2u
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've problem with a WLC 5520. few Clients an IP 0.0.0.0.

Software Version is 8.5.140.0 

Around 30% are not OK.

The problem is,  we are testing on our secondary wlc all AP are moving in Secondary WLC perfectly but the few client that don't get a IP address or stuck in 0.0.0.0 until we restart the AP, after restart the AP the all clients get a ip from dhcp.

We are not using DHCP in this WLAN and DHCP is not configured in the wifi profile as well as in the controller advanced settings.

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
So the WLC are on an HA SSO?
If it is, can you please post the complete output to the command "sh memory mbuf summary"?

the problem description that we have 2 WLCs with HA-N+1 setup, when the APs joined to the secondary controller, clients didn’t get an IP address

(More clear) that the issue happen after moving Aps from Primary to Secondary Controller and some APs about 12 to 15 out of 300+ produced this malfunctioning

Client stuck in 0.0.0.0 ip address authentication state (no).  On AP reboot associating client on respective AP obtain IP as normally do.

From the debugs , I can see the client is stuck in authentication state :

Security Policy Completed........................ No

Policy Manager State............................. 8021X_REQD

Are these two WLC in same layer 2 domain ?  or separated across L3 ?

Rasika

Its Separate across L3 

Ok.

Have DHCP Address required is enabled on WLAN ?

Do these two WLCs are in same mobility group ?

Rasika

yes both wlc has same mobilty group an up and DHCP Address required is disabled on WLAN

Read my comments.

Where is you comment????

From Scott "If it is, can you please post the complete output to the command "sh memory mbuf summary"? "

Also, there is a newer software out for the WLC (and in ~4-5 weeks probably another one in the 8.5 train) which fixes various bugs, but I don't think the issue you are currently having.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: