Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 9800-40 with 17.2.x compatibility with ISE 2.1

girish_gavandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am going to deploy WLC 9800-40 and WLC 9800-L-F in our network. Both will be running latest 17.2.x WLC version. We have ISE 2.1 patch 14 running currently in the network.

We have CWA configured for wireless clients in the network and all is working fine.

With the new WLC software, will there be any issues adding WLC 9800 with 17.2.x as a network device in ISE 2.1?

Will the difference in software version create Issues with CWA?

Or will it work peacefully?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Girish

2 Replies 2

Recommended ISE releases are 2.4,2.6 & 2.7 for C9800 running 17.2.x

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#pgfId-550562 

Testing is the best way to validate, keep in mind 17.2.x is the latest code version for 9800 and not yet deployed by many customers, so there may be bugs that are not discovered yet...so you have to plan for those things when you are going ahead with the latest code releases.

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Thanks Rasika for the quick response.

I found that the suggested release for 9800 WLC is 16.12.2s. Supported ISE version 2.2 is the minimum.

I will doing my testing soon for few things related to ISE version, RP connectivity and SFP+ types. Will post results accordingly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card