Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 9800 DOESN´T CONNECT WITH SOME ANDROID DEVICES

igalang1093
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with some android devices, some of them can´t be connected to the wireless network through PSK, they only can connect to one of the SSID's which is using  Web authentication. I have a Catalyst 9800 WLC and 9115 AP.

I hope you can help me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

frost_michael
Level 1
Level 1

It’s might be the bug on 9100 series APs and Android 10 devices with Qualcomm chipsets - Moto,Nokia, Xiaomi, etc.

Try enabling FT (Not adaptive) and enable security for PSK, and PSK + FT. This worked for our dot1x network.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Test with wpa2 and then with wpa3 and see if you still have the issue. You can also search the forum as I know others have been asking the same question.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for your help, I will test.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
What software release is running on the WLC?

Hello,

WLC is running Version 16.12.1, RELEASE SOFTWARE

Why don't you try another code version? You mentioned some, not all, so its kind of hard to say what will fix it. My suggestion is to upgrade to a few different and see if that fixes it or not. If not, open a tac cas and see what they say.... I'm assuming these Android devices are new not old? Do the devices that don't connect, connect fine with an open SSID?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

frost_michael
Level 1
Level 1

It’s might be the bug on 9100 series APs and Android 10 devices with Qualcomm chipsets - Moto,Nokia, Xiaomi, etc.

Try enabling FT (Not adaptive) and enable security for PSK, and PSK + FT. This worked for our dot1x network.

this is a know BUG: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvu24770

Fix will be included in 17.3 and 16.12.4 - they are planned for next week. (time might change based on internal testing)

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

Thanks for your help. I have tried and it works.

one note - this caused issues for iOS devices running version 12 and earlier, and Android 6 and earlier devices. They were unable to connect to the FT-enabled SSID. We have FT enabled on one SSID, and adaptive on another, until there is a permanent fix for both WLC and Android.

It's not working, we are using 9800 controller with software version 17.3.3

We are currently facing similar issue. We are migrating to WLC 9800 and AP model C9120AXI-D. IOS-XE version 17.3.3

Android of version 11 and iPhone is able to connect but android of version 10 is unable to connect. 

Do we have any fix for this so far ? 

AP with primary image loaded version 17.3.3.26 is affected.

Thanks for recomendations, after enable FT and checked box PSK +FT, the motorola device connected.

henrik.stoklund
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue also.. WLC9800 - 17.3.3 and 9120/9130 access points. 

Any fix ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card