Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 9800 guest portal login failed

Hi,

I have problem with login to guest wifi.

I have configured guest wlan on catalyst embedded controller , I can see wifi network on laptop, when I connect to it I receive a portal webpage to login and when I enter a user and a password I got information that authentication failed .

When I connect to the same wifi on my mobile phone with the same credentials and user name I got : authentication succesfull and I can browse internet.

What can be the problem ?

In syslog of controller I can see this error :

Dec 7 21:51:06.116: %SESSION_MGR-5-FAIL: Chassis 2 R0/0: wncd: Authorization failed or unapplied for client (e839.dfba.997f) on Interface capwap_9000000a AuditSessionID 000000000000002DEE8E128A. Failure reason: Authc fail. Authc failure reason: No Response from Client.

and when login from mobile :

Dec 7 21:52:17.113: %CLIENT_ORCH_LOG-6-CLIENT_ADDED_TO_RUN_STATE: Chassis 2 R0/0: wncd: Username entry (aruba) joined with ssid (WIFI-GOSCIE) for device with MAC: 8272.3eb8.50ba

Any ideas ?

Tomek

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have found the problem. I configured ssid with MAC-ADDRESS filtering and my test laptop mac address was in the local database. That's why I could not authenticate by web page. When I removed it from controller everything started to work correctly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

-  Review the    configuration  of the embedded controller with the CLI command : show  tech   wireless , have the output analyzed by  https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/  , please note do not use classical show tech-support (short version) , use the command denoted in green for Wireless Analyzer , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I have found the problem. I configured ssid with MAC-ADDRESS filtering and my test laptop mac address was in the local database. That's why I could not authenticate by web page. When I removed it from controller everything started to work correctly.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card