Views
Helpful
Replies

Wlc Antenna gain feature

uosambela
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

we have deployed some 1532 devices with external antennas 2547.

The antenna gain feature has its default value to 0.

With this configuration the coverage is very good and we have no problems.

I don't know at this point if I have to configure it or not.

Can anyone help me with some info about it?

Thnks you very much

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

Because the antenna is passive the access-point does not know which value to use within the RRM algorithm. I don't know the default values for this specific access-point, but the WLC will assume something. You can check these values with the help of the "show ap config 802.11a / 802.11b <apname>" commands.

To make sure that you stay within what is legal I advice you to configure the gain for both radios anyway. Keep in mind that you need to double the value, so for your antenna this is "8" on the 802.11b/g/n and "14" for 802.11a/n/ac.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

Because the antenna is passive the access-point does not know which value to use within the RRM algorithm. I don't know the default values for this specific access-point, but the WLC will assume something. You can check these values with the help of the "show ap config 802.11a / 802.11b <apname>" commands.

To make sure that you stay within what is legal I advice you to configure the gain for both radios anyway. Keep in mind that you need to double the value, so for your antenna this is "8" on the 802.11b/g/n and "14" for 802.11a/n/ac.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card