B A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am going to disable low data rates on WLC:

802.11a (6,9,12,18)

802.11b (1,2,5.5,6,9,11)

And I have two questions.

We have hundreds of devices and checking the data rates on each of them individually is impossible. Is there any way to see which devices would be potentially affected... which of them uses low data rates?

I also noticed in WLC->Monitor->Clients that there is an item called "Current TxRateSet" and I see something like m1, m3, m4, m7, m8 ss2, m9 ss1, etc. I know it represents data rates but even if I saw some data rates tables, I am not able to find out what the m1, m3, etc. represent in numbers.

Thank you for any help.

17 Replies 17

B A
Level 1
Level 1

Nobody?

Nobody what??? You have a few suggestions and call outs. Now it’s up to you to make a decision based on what you know about your environment. When you make a change, make sure you validate and test. Also make sure you don’t see any tickets or complaints coming in or else you will have to reassess what you have changed.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

B A
Level 1
Level 1

I know it's up to me... I just asked two questions in my previous post and looking for your opinions. Can you review these questions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card