Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC local users disappearing

Philip Badhams
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

My customer has a 5520 WLC running 8.10.112.0 and we have local net users configured, which are used for Web-Auth on one of our guest SSIDs. For no apparent reason they appear to be keep getting deleted and we only discover it when we try and login to the SSID and can't. I have checked will all the users that have admin access to the WLC and nobody has deleted any accounts.

Has anybody experinced this before, or have an idea of what could be causing it? I thinking I need to raise a TAC case but want to check with the community first.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

while adding the account, did you check the guest account and put any timeout value for the authentication ? if yes then it will disappear after timeout.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts 

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. Best ways is to first create a lobby admin account on WLC.

Management > Local Management users and here create a lobby admin account.

2. Loginto WLC using lobby admin credentials

there you can create guest users...choose the amount of time (in days, hours, minutes, and seconds) that this guest user account is to remain active.

Info: A value of zero (0) for all four text boxes creates a permanent account.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Besides the already said, for various bugs and especially issues with Android 10, I suggest an upgrade to 8.10.130.0 or later.

I don't know but if you can disable session timeout, WLC will no deauth and remove the user form DB when it sleep.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have never seen entires in the local user disappear. You don’t happen to have any automation or tools that might be purging these entries? You have thee created as lifetime?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card