Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc monitor client detail show wrong interface name

aksel.nielsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do anyone know why I see the wrong interface name when looking at the client details?

In the shown example the interface name should have been id017_publikunm not id161_admin

The vlan nunmer 2317 and IP address 10.17.237.x is correct for id017_publikum.

New Picture (5).bmp

I hope some one out there can help.

Aksel,

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You happen to be running ISE or NAC?  Your Policy Manager State is Posture_Reqd and not RUN.  So if you have AAA override policy enabled, seems like radius is setting the interface and the vlan.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Exactly Scott, if NAC oob used i think you still see same interface name and different vlan id, however for AAA override we could see both interface name and vlan id change.

Yes we do use ISE, but ISE is not changing the VLAN.

The vlan is not decided by ISE.

The VLAN's are assigned by AP-Groups.

Do you still think it is ISE that changes the name, how could it if it is not assigning the VLAN?

Aksel,

whats the interface used in apgroup for that wlan.

do you use hreap.

get client debug when connecting the client

nadeemka2000
Level 1
Level 1

I know its an old post but I encountered the same problem recently. What I did was I went to the same client properties and clicked on the remove button. It removed the association and when I filtered for the same client mac address I could see it has connected to the correct interface. So it was getting the correct IP Address also.............problem solved :)

aksel.nielsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just a followup,

This resulted en a bug CSCug74517

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug74517

/Aksel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card