Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC not accessible via SSH

CarloCrz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a Cisco WLC 2504 that doesn't allow me to access via SSH. The network is ok, I can access via web GUI and console cable. The configuration seems correct too.

Anmerkung 2020-11-12 164104.png

C:\Windows\system32>telnet 10.x.x.x 22
Connecting To 10.x.x.x...Could not open connection to the host, on port 22: Connect failed

Same result if I try to access with a client (I use MobaXterm)

Thank you

Carlo

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Verify the issue with another ssh-client such as Putty, and or run the intended client in debug-mode , see what happens.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

which software version you are using on wlc?

As mentioned by others, you should try some other terminal Emulators (ZOC or putty).

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You are using telnet. Like Maeve mentioned, use another tool. I use SecureCRT but Putty is free.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you for the replies, I tried to connect via SSH with Putty with the same result, the firmware version is the following:

Software Version 8.5.135.0

- Post exact error message returned when using Putty , and also as stated enable debugging -> a common cause for this is a(n) (available) cipher mismatch between the ssh-client and ssh-server. A linux ssh client offers the most flexible way for enabling debugging.            Check this article :

https://centrify.force.com/support/Article/KB-5452-How-to-enable-debug-for-PuTTy-SSH-clients

M

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you for the suggestion, I have done it, the log file is not created (but as far as I know, I should see the log messages on the window, and I don't), the only thing that I receive is as follows:

Anmerkung 2020-11-16 143913.png

I know it looks like a possible network problem, but my PC is on the same subnet as the WLC, with no firewall in the middle. There are many other network devices all in the same subnet and this is the only one that I'm not able to connect to.

Carlo

Maybe you need to re-generate your certificate. I also use MobaXterm with no issues on that version or code and or any of the 8.5 version I have tried on the 2504.

MANAGEMENT -> HTTP-HTTPS -> "Regenerate Certificate”

Then you will need to reboot.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

NareshV
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carlo,

Even I have faced this issue. Resolved the SSH Issue by configuring the Session timeout in Delft WLC. Previously Idle Timeout (minutes) was “0”, I have changed it to 160 min.

SSH connection attempts to the WLC fail immediately with any of the following messages at the SSH client: "Connection reset by peer"

"ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host."

Output of "show loginsessions" and GUI don't show any active SSH session:

>show loginsession

ID User Name Login Type Connection From Idle Time Session Time

-- --------------- ---------- --------------------------------------------- ------------ ------------

00 admin Serial EIA-232 00:00:00 00:03:00

Refer the link: https://bst.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvv22531

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card