Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC not synchronize with NTP

jong_r0602
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need some help, I have configured my ntp server server in my WLC but i jut noticed that the time is not syncronized. I am able to ping the ntp server in my WLC. Appreciate if someone can help me to correct this problem.

Thanks,

Jong

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Glad to help!

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jong,

There are some good examples and troubleshooting ideas in this doc;

NTP Configuration and Synchronization for Unified Wireless Network Devices

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080811274.shtml#setup-wlc

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I tried it but still not work. Please see the logs. My WLC is 4hr advanced on my ntp server.

Thanks for your time,

Jong

Try this.... On the WLC click on the Commands tab, then Set Time. Set the time zone you are in and hit Set Time Zone. Now set the time manually and hit Set Date and Time. Now click on the Controller tab and then NTP. Set the polling to 3600 and hit apply. Now you can change it back to 86400 or what ever time you want the polling to happen. this will force the time to be accurate.

-Scott

Wow! great its working now!

Thank you very much

-Jong

Glad to help!

-Scott

hi scott,
had a NTP sync issue on a new WLC and solved with your suggestion.
may i know if this is a bug or is this just the way WLC get stuck with NTP?

Hello scott,

How can i make C-9800-L wlc synched with NTP server. NTP server is showing unsynchronized from the WLC   

The 9800 should sync automatically if the NTP server responds. You should try some external NTP to test and also make sure there is nothing blocking between.
-Scott

Thank you Scott !

Max Wooks
Level 1
Level 1

I also noticed this issue arise with the NTP authentication of servers that aren't at the top of the Server Index list. It would be stuck in "Sync Awaiting" forever until it's place at the top of the Server Index list. Then and only then will the NTP Authentication happen successfully. This is on version 8.5.160.0 on WLC 5508.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: