Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC one WLAN, multiple subnets

csocorro1
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

Is it possible to have one WLAN associate to multiple networks? I configured 2 WLANs, Local and Guest.

This is the situation:

I have a Central Office where the WLC is located and with its own DHCP server. It has VLAN 21 and 22. They have the following addressing:

VLAN 21 - Local: 10.10.21.0/24

VLAN 22 - Guest: 10.10.22.0/24

There are four branch offices with the same VLANs but with thier own DHCP servers. For example:

Branch 1: 

VLAN 21 - Local: 10.15.21.0/24

VLAN 22 - Guest: 10.15.22.0/24

Branch 2: ........

Is it possible that one WLAN have more than one interface and the WLC identify where is the user trying to connect, so it can lease an IP from the network of each branch site? Or just with one interface assign an address that belongs to different subnets?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So the WLAN is enabled for FlexConnect local switching, and you went into the AP and mapped the VLAN?

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would go with FlexConnect for the remote sites.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-2/configuration/guide/cg/cg_flexconnect.html

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve thank you for your short response.

I alredy configured branch APs with the FlexConnect mode and the clients are still receiving Central Office subnet addresses, even when each Branch have their own DHCP Servers.

Do you have an idea of what can be happening? 

Is it maybe because I have to configure to each WLAN an interface pointing to every branch DHCP server?

I really appreciate your help.

So the WLAN is enabled for FlexConnect local switching, and you went into the AP and mapped the VLAN?

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

Steve thank you for your help, I didint map the VLAN in the AP.

I just did it and its working perfect!

Thank you very much for your help!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card