Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC password expire issue.

Hi,

I've a query. 

We have set Management User password expiry in 60days in WLC. After 60days it is not asking use to change the password via both web access and CLI access. Another user has to reset the password.

Can anyone help me to sort this issue?

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure the controller is on a recent and or advisory release, especially if the current installed version is dated.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for the reply. Currently, the version used is AireOS 8.10.113.0. It's working properly.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I believe only the ones you create on the webui will work. If the management user is created in the cli, that would not expire. Are you logging in with a user configured on both the webui and cli?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the reply.

1.) If the management user is created in the cli, that would not expire.

Ans - I'll have to check out on this & will update you.

2.) Are you logging in with a user configured on both the webui and cli?

Ans - Yes, we're logging in the user via both ways Web-UI & CLI.

In the mean time, any other reasons why it may not be requesting for a change in password after the initial 60 days?

Your help would be useful in making some necessary if it requires.

I don’t change that because we use tacacs which is tied to AD. We use the internal creds for backup/recovery. The only reason is if the account gets locked out then what.
-Scott

Ok. Can you provide any link/docs if possible where I can check out the what's the difference between a Management User created via Web-UI & CLI? It would be really helpful to get deep into it.

Just test... I don’t have any guides but you can reference the configuration guide for the code you are running.
-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card