Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC reserve bandwidth to selected users

HI

In the WLC the users are authenticating vía radius and i want to reserve bandwidth to specific user, i want to know if that is posible my wlc is 5520.

5 Replies 5

Hi,

It is possible. Take a look here:

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/mrncciew.com/2013/05/01/per-user-rate-limit-in-wlan/amp/

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thanks for your reply, but in this case i need a selected username from Radius and next, apply reserved bandwidth only to that user.

What do you mean by "reserve bandwidth" ? Do you want to set max value for upstream/downstream for a given user ? or something else.

Rasika

Hi Rasika

Thanks for your reply, that i trying to say with "reserve bandwidth" is for example:

user1 = 5MBPS

user2 = 10MBPS

user3 = 60MBS

the users are from Active Directory and authentication by Radius on WLC, the users access the Wifi Network with their AD Credentials... 

You can do traffic engineering with QoS roles or local policies within the WLC (except for the 2504). In both cases the RADIUS server needs to provide an (extra) attribute towards the WLC during the authentication. Based on that attribute the WLC will apply the QoS role or local policy for that specific client. More information about this can be found here.

I strongly recommend you to take a look at this document which describes the inner working of the rate limiting implementation. Based on your wireless implementation it might not give the expected results.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card