cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wlc ssid splash page

Josh Sprang
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4404 running 7.0 code. My client wants to be able to have a splash page pop up when a user joins a specific SSID.  There should be no type of authentication that happens.  This will be like web auth to an external server, the only difference is when the user joins the SSID and they open a web browser it redirects you to a web page on a server somewhere.  No authentication or anything.  After that the user should be able to go anywhere they want.  Or we can make it so a web page on a server automatically pops up when they join the SSID.  Is this possible?

The client also wants the ssid to be WPA-PSK encrypted.  I have been messing around with Web Auth external pages and such but can seem to get it to work without authenticating some how. 

Any input will be helpful thanks..

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you put in a pre-auth ACL that allows the subnet to reach the external server?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for the quick reply.  I put a pre-auth ACL that only allowed DNS and the external server page.  With this, I am still trapped in the external page.  Any attempt to navigate away redirects me back to the same external server page.  If I put an any/any rule at the end of the pre-auth ACL, I am no longer redirected at all even at the beginning to the external server and I can browse freely.  I want to be redirected once to the external server then browse freely.

I am currently set for no layer 2 security and layer 3 security is web policy, passthrough, with the pre-auth acl, and the redirect at the bottom. 

Any ideas

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well if your good with HTML, you can use a passthrough and hide the accept button and code the page to automatically hit accept. This way a user associated to an SSID and gets a splash page, but the splash page hits accept right away and then the redirection takes place. Now you can code the redirection also on the HTML page. Now depending on how many SSIDs and custom pages you need, the wlc limits you to 2mb of combined HTML and images.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

rdvorak
Level 1
Level 1

May I ask what special information is on this webpage - I just wonder why you are not able to use the default page or customize it with the informations that you require.

So it would not be an option for you to use passthrough with the Accept button and then get redirected to your special external webpage?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card