cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC WebAuth Certificate and WebAdmin Certificate

brianalster
Level 1
Level 1

We had to RMA one of our WLC 8510 (running 8.3.143.0).  The replacement is up and running and we've restored the saved configuration from the old one.....

We are able to https: into the GUI on the new unit, but i am having issues trying to install a "Web auth/Certificate" that one of my SSID's uses (Courtesy Internet).

After doing a lot of "googling", I am getting confused.  Do I need to generate a new WebAdmin certificate, or can I just generate a WebAuth?  There is a bunch of warnings that if i generate a new CSR I need to install the resulting certificate of I'll break my HTTPS connection (after the next reboot), but it does not specify which type of CSR it is referencing.

I've generated a new WebAuth CSR, and I've sent it over to get it signed.  If I can get it to successfully install, do I need to anything else to keep my https connectivity working after I reboot (to finish installing the WebAuth cert)???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the new certificate signed by CA(locally or CA authoritty) and these are acceptable internal devices (like laptop or ipad or mobile device) you good to go - i do not see any issue.

but can you tell me is this in HA environment ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if the new certificate signed by CA(locally or CA authoritty) and these are acceptable internal devices (like laptop or ipad or mobile device) you good to go - i do not see any issue.

but can you tell me is this in HA environment ?

BB

It is not in a HA...  I have two controllers, but they are not running HA.  The AP's have primary and secondary controllers configured.

So you can fail over the IP to active controllers and reboot this WLC  i guess.

BB

yes... this allows me to upgrade code and install certificates (reboots) without the clients suffering thru a maintenance window.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card