Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC2112 Trunk port issue

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have WLC 2112 connected to a core switch,that port is configured as a TRUNK port,then the AP 1142 is connected to a Access switch,that port is configured as a Access Port.Now in this case the APs are not getting the IP address and not getting associated to WLC.

If I remove the TRUNK configuration in the Core switch,and configure as a simple Access port ,then the APs are getting associated to WLC and getting the IP address from the DHCP server,here the problem is multile VLANs are not able to get the association.

Please any can help me to resolve this issue.The WLC image version is AIR-WLC2100-K9-5-2-157-0-ER.aes.

Best Regards,

Lavanholy.

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A few things :

1 Have you allowed the vlan in the trunk

2 Controller are you tagging the managment vlan or are you using 0?

3 Is your trunk config with the native vlan statement?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

1 Have you allowed the vlan in the trunk

Yes I have allowed all VLANs for time being.

2 Controller are you tagging the managment vlan or are you using 0?

Yes configured as " 0 ".

3 Is your trunk config with the native vlan statement?

This I will have to check it,I comme back to you after checking.O.k

Thanks for extending your support.

Best Regards,

S.Venkataraman

no problem. If you switch is NOT native and your controller is 0=tagging ... they will not connect ....

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

hi,

Thanks a lot ...s as u said after including the native vlan,it started working fine....thanks a lot...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card