Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC5508 not allowing client to connect

rguzman.plannet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There is a problem with my WLC, it is not allowing an specific client to connect. It gives an 802.1x failure log but I am not using it, anyways the WLC puts this client in the excluded clients list and I didn't add it manually, in fact is a new laptop.

I attached a couple of screens from my WLC.

IOS is 7.0.98.0

Thank you!

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Usually that is an issue with the client. If all other clients work fine,then you know the WLC is configured correctly. Maybe upgrade the client driver and see if it works.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

This probbly happens when the client automatically detects the security settings for the WLAN (like iOS devices for example).

You are not using the WPA-Enterprise but you probably have the Radius servers enabled.

Try to go to the AAA configuration and disable the checkboxes for the radius server (see image below). Hope this will fix your issue.

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try with OPEN authentication.

SHIBI V DEV
Level 1
Level 1

If it is with specific new client , there is no issue in WLC and in the client Just remove the ssid and Create it manually and give Security key

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it could be either incorrect psk key on client or incorrect supplicant configuration.

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please run the below debug on the Wlc n paste it here

Debug client
Debug all all enable

Check the AAA server failed attempts to see why the client is failing
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Regards
Surendra BG

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Another fyi.. 7.0.98.0 is defferred n removed from cisco.com since it has some infinite unresolved bugs ;)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card