cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE 2.7 Client Walkabout with 802.11g interfaces

ejaakola
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone done succesfull client walkabout with the 2.7 version of wlse and g-type interfaces?

We are currently using WLSE 2.7, Aironet 1100 AP's and CB21AG client adapters. Everything is configured and working nicely.

Only thing giving us problems is the client walkabout. Walkabout starts ok, but wlse is not receiving any "Location Data". No errors are generated, but Number of Location Data is still 0 after stopping walkabout.

Any ideas on this one?

Esa

8 Replies 8

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

G radios need 12.2(15)JA code, make sure that the APs are at the version first.

We have upgraded IOS to 12.2(15)JA on APs. WDS is working too, and radio scan goes through nicely.

Main problem is, I cant find any information if the wlse/wds actually finds the clients set for walkabout. The walkabout job info is very limited.

We will do some snmp traffic snooping to see if anything is actually happening between ap and wlse.

Esa

And more details :)

When we start Walkabout, selected APs move to channel 6 as does the clients that are associated to these APs. As we get this far, our config on wlse and aps should be ok?

On the WLSE 2.7 manual, theres a note : "do not enable the option in the ACU (Aironet Client Utility) that periodically scans for a better AP if the threshold is below a specified value". Is there a way/need to do something similiar with CB21AG adapters and ADU software?

Esa

Did this ever get resolved for you? We are experiencing the same issue. Everything seems to be working and we get no errors, but when we are done there is no walkabout data.

What is the Client Adapter card that you're using?

Client Adapter: CB21AG-A-K9 (Cisco a/b/g Cardbus)

Access Point: Aironet 1200 (12.2(15)XR)

WLSE: 2.7

I had this exact problem last week, and it was resolved by installing the latest drivers for the card (v1.2.04, I believe). We have 12.2(15)JA on the access points, but I doubt that will make a difference. Once the new drivers for the CB21AG were installed, the WLSE started collecting datapoints.

You need to use the latest ADU 1.1 or later for this Client Adapter to work.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card