cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE ACS with WPA/TKIP and EAP-PEAP

Steve Chapman
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a WLSE with WDS (1240ap) and 1240ap. I have configured one AP with WPA/TKIP and EAP-PEAP. The AAA process is done via Radius by a Cisco Secure ACS release 3.3. which points to the AD. It all works fine until I try to enable WLCCP to the WDS. I get no failed auth on the AP and it never authenticates the user

3 Replies 3

gerson
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue with the added complexity of having to dish out multiple vlans as well. I upgraded our WLSE (model 1130) from 2.12u to 2.13.1 and I could once again use the WNM(WLSE). Make sure your AP1240 is using IOS 12.3(8)JEA or 12.3(11). At first I thought it was a trunking issue since i was dealing with vlans; but changing the config to a basic AP mode running open auth with no cipher proved me wrong. All i did was update the WLSE and lo and behold - authentications to the ACS 3.3 server started functioning with a AP1210 (essentially an upgraded 802.11g AP100) as the WDS/WLCCP server.

I too have multiple vlans as well.

I found my problem. I did not know I had to enable EAP auth on the WDS too. It is working now. Thanks for your help.

Hi Steve,

Could you explain me a little bit how was you able to solve the WLCCP/PEAP authentication issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card