Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE : CiscoBre, CiscoBreR?

micheljean
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what do these options mean?

In fact I have a problem when reloading my WLSE. In I choose CiscoBreR I get this message :

"Looking for verskmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k char-major-254, errno

= 2

ion info

insmod: flashdrv3.o: No such file or directory

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k char-major-254, errno = 2

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k char-major-254, errno = 2

Error in readingkmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k block-major-8, errno =

Bios Flash. Looking on sda

Error in reading Bios Flash. Looking on hda

INIT: Entering runlevel: 1

bash: no job control in this shell

bash-2.05a#

"

What does this mean? Does it have any effect?

The thing is that after getting this message I'm reloading with "CiscoBre" but after that, I can't connect to the appliance with web browser.

See this conversation :

"http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd61fbf"

Thanks for your help

1 Reply 1

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

CiscoBreR is the Maintenance image that can be either loaded from the WLSE or from the Recovery CD. You can only execute the three commands, erase config, fsck and reload while you're in CiscoBreR. Normally, you would only need to boot into CiscoBreR when you want to do admin user password recovery or run fsck. By default WLSE runs from CiscoBre. "Error in reading Bios Flash" likely indicates some problem with the flah. Run erase config which will erase the flash completely. Then reload the box followed by doing the initial setup again. If this does not fix the problem, the do a re-image of the box using the Recovery CD and restore the data if you have a backup available later.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card