cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE failed to authenticate with WDS

jnaglich
Level 1
Level 1

I've been beating myself in the head trying to figure this one out and I'm sure it's an easy one. I keep getting a "WLSE failed to authenticate with WDS" error for my primary WDS APs in all my sites with a couple of exceptions. We have a second WLSE that runs a few other sites that is not having this problem using the same account for WLCCP authentication in WLSE. Does anyone have an idea of what I could be doing wrong?

My WLSE version is 2.12 and I have 1210 APs running 12.3(7)JA2.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

Have you tried this;

Enter WLCCP Credentials for Wireless Domain Services (WDS)

To configure the WLSE to authenticate with WDS devices, perform the following steps:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Select Devices > Discover > Device Credentials > WLCCP Credentials.

Step 2 Enter the Radius User Name and Radius Password.

This is the username and password that you set for the WLSE on the AAA server.

Step 3 Click Save.

From this 2.12 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6379/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008052dc6f.html#wp1108426

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Hi Rob,

Yeah, I originally had that radius username and password that was set on the AP for the wlccp config in for the WLSE WLCCP Credentials, but that wasn't working. I then tried to use a radius account that I made specifically for the WLSE to do administration on the WDS APs, but that's not working either. I'm using Cisco ACS boxes for Radius.

Jason

is your wds in managed state on the wlse?

I am also having this problem. My WLSE is also running software ver 2.12FCS. My SNMP strings on the WLSE match what's on the AP, but when I run a discover i get that the AP was SNMP unreachable. This AP is on the network and is the WDS for about 4 other APs.

Yes - all my WDS APs are in a managed state.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: