Views
Helpful
Replies

WMIC 3201 shut down its wireless in -20℃

QingwYang82917
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I found WMIC 3201 shut down its wireless in -20℃ (environment temperature), and its internal temperature is at -2℃. I need to modify the configuration to let it work in at least -30℃, but I don't know how to do. Please give me some suggestions! Thanks!

Warning.jpg

Best wishes,

Yang

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Software configurations won't be able to battle device temperature operating capabilities which you may find in the datasheet for the particular device, you may need other hardware for this environment which can comply with temperatures experienced.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

-Thanks for your reply! And could you please tell me why WMIC 3201 set this minimum temperature to be -20℃? Its working temperature range could be -40~70℃ in the datasheet, and there is a temperature difference between them. Thanks again!

Best wishes,

Yang

- One thing you may want to try is to use the latest software version for the device, doubt this will help though. If the device does not operate according to temperature values mentioned in the datasheet you need to report this to Cisco and ask for explanations.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

It looks like this product went last date of support in 2015 so no chance of Cisco supporting it anymore:
https://teamkci.com/wp-content/uploads/C3270.pdf and I couldn't find a data sheet for it.

If you can't make this work by trial and error you'll have to look for a newer product.

Thanks for your help! I will try another device to replace WMIC 3201.

Best wishes,

Yang

Thanks for your help! I will try another device to replace WMIC 3201.

Best wishes,

Yang

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card