cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Would you recommend IOS or VXWorks for AP1200?

sjaworsk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am in the process of updating my AP1200 from ver. 12.01T1. I will be using LEAP and vlans. Would you recommend I stick with VXWorks or should I move to the latests version of IOS?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

c.tenley
Level 1
Level 1

I am very interested in the response to this question as well!!

dhickey
Level 1
Level 1

I am still having problems with per user vlans on the 1220 IOS version of the AP.

All my Vxwork AP's work fine. I loaded the latests IOS that is supposed to fix this problem, however it doesn't seem to do it for me. I am using IAS as the radius server.

I can see the Private-group-ID being sent to the AP, but it never moves the laptop to the correct VLAN. I am not sure if it is related to having to set the policy in IAS to "Virtual" instead of "Wireless" because of the different way the IOS version sends the NAS-Port-Type.

So I am stuck with an IOS version AP that doesn't work like my Vxworks AP's....Luckily it is a spare and not one I had installed anywhere...

It could be I have something configured wrong, but I have configured many Vxworks AP's...without any problems...

Don Hickey

gilmo
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, I would recommend IOS. First, IOS is Cisco's OS, second it brings more features(more powerful and versatile) and I think that its web interface is a lot better than VxWorks.

I have converted VxWorks units to IOS and did not have problems whatsoever.

If you want to take advantage of FastRoaming and Local Server Authentication then you need IOS anyway.

Good Luck!

jrodri52000
Level 1
Level 1

I would move to IOS. 12.2.J11A1 THE LASTE version has an easier TO NAVIGATE GUI MORE INTUITIVE. Plus Cisco is pushing the IOS roadmap. This means support for vxworks will dwindle down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card