cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA Authentication doesn't work for WLC2504 and hidden SSID

l.buschi
Level 2
Level 2

Hello i migrated my standalone wifi netowork to a controlled one.

WLC2504 release is 8.0.120

I have an AES WLAN with radius authentication which (for some clients) only works if I broadcast SSID. If I hide the SSID some clients can't authenticate and I get the error:

AAA Authentication Failure for UserName:dominio\userxxx  User Type: WLAN USER

Who can help me?

Tks

Johnny

2 Replies 2

ali aqrabawi
Level 3
Level 3

error is not related to what you observed , this is authentication failure for a username , its not related to the WLAN if its broadcasted or not , i think that changing the WLAN from broadcast to non-broadcast is changing the client behaviour with using the the correct username (i dunno)

i can see that the client is using machine-name\user-name as a username , can you confirm that this is correct ? are you using the user authentication only or machin/user authentication ? this is a setting on the client WLAN profile , 

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yea doesn't sound like broadcast vs non broadcast issue. Those issues you wouldn't get this far. It sounds like an account or AD issue. 

Filter on the client MAC address. Bring it up and check the pem state I bet it says 8021X_REQ. If it does check the account .. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin