cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA or WPA2 a AIR-AP1142N-E-K9 will reduce the speed of Accesspoint down to 54Mbps when associate to PC

Steve30001
Level 1
Level 1

Why AIR-AP1142N-E-K9  300Mbps to open, but only unsecure.  If I use WPA or WPA2 a AIR-AP1142N-E-K9 will reduce the speed of Accesspoint down to 54Mbps when associate to PC

5 Replies 5

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

N Speeds are supported only when we configure "OPEN AUTH with WMM Enabled + All MCS Rates enabled" OR WPA 2 WITH WMM Enabled + All MCS rates enabled"

Just the WPA will not support N speeds.. Use WPA 2..

lemme know if this answered ur question!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

If it was a so.

Please tell me. where I can find document references ? .

and config for AP speed drop when used WPA or WPA2

see config in attached file

PS. I used standalone Accesspoint , not have controller

Either Its Controller based or autonomous, the soulution remains the same.. Wither Open or WPA2 only supports N speeds .. WPA alone will not..

here is the configuration guide that tells the same..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_21a_JA1/configuration/guide/scg12421aJA1-chap10-cipherwep.html

Search for 802.11n (First hit will answer ur concern).

Lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the useful posts!!

Please Google search for "802.11 N + WPA + N speeds + Cisco" you will get more documents..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I'll just add that it's "WPA2 with aes" supporting 11n speed. If you have WPA2/tkip, you will only get 54Mbps, which probably explains what you saw.

Nico!! Awesome.. i just dont know why i forgot to type AES Tot i typed..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card