cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRT610N V1 with Spectralink i640's

jhoule
Level 1
Level 1

I have a dozen Spectralink i640's trying to connect to a Linksys/Cisco WRT610n V1.  Only one headset out of the bunch will connect to the wireless router.  I have tired to access the admin menu in the router to no avail since no one knows what the password is.  I also can not see what the WAP2 password is in the phone since it does not display once it is entered.  Is there a way to reset the routers password without loosing the settings?

I have a second WRT610n v1 and for the life of me can not configure it to work with these phones.  Since I am unsure of the firmware version in the working unit - this very well might be the prolbem.

Any advice or insight would be very helpful.  It is worth mentioning that spectralink does not recommend this setup and in the future I will be converting the routers to the access points recommened by their VIEW program.

As for now I would like to be able to get these remaing phones working

Jeremy

1 Reply 1

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Spectralink strictly follow VIEW certification for all of its Products against Wireless infrastructures software versions.

It uses prorprietary 'zero backoff' algorithm to handle voice packets, only enterprise AP supports that, they pay spectralink to have that feature on their wireless infrastructure at EDCA section.

do you've the voicegateway and server configured.even it works how roaming and qos is handled.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card