Views
Helpful
Replies

Zoom issue via Cisco Wireless

Mir_One
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with ZOOM meetings at my company office.
Users often communicate in Zoom via Wi-Fi (mainly Apple Macbook) and periodically observe an unstable connection in meetings. Audio and video disappear for a short time. I looked for problems on the wireless network, found interference on high 5GHz channels and moved all access points to low channels. Also, on problem floors, Cisco access points were changed from 3700 to 3800. The problem did not go away. Next, I re-routed traffic to the Internet through another ISP. I also disabled all traffic filtering (acl, idp, udp flood detection, etc.), but the problem still remains. We invited an integrator for a radio survey of the office and, according to their report, they do not observed problems in the wireless network. The problem with Zoom may be reproduced during the day for several users, or it may not appear at all during the day. I already have the impression that I am fixing the Internet.
I want to understand if there is any loss of UDP traffic to Zoom servers via Wi-Fi network, tell me how can I do this? Has anyone faced similar issues on a Cisco based corporate wireless network? Could there be a problem with the access point models or the WLC controller? On average, APs have less than 10 connected devices

4 Replies 4

Hi Mir_One. I have a similar scenario. We have WLCs 5508, 8510 and 8540, APs from 3602 to 3802. Version 8.5.161.8 and 8.5.171.0.

Did you find a solution?

TommyTime
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mir_One, this seems to be a common problem in the new Zoom era. Have you made any progress? I work at an larger university and we are experiencing similar issues with no clear understanding of the root cause. If I come across anything that might be helpful I'll post here, and I would be interested in hearing of any progress you, or others, have made too.

T

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

I'm always receiving complains from users using Zoom about drops, disconnections and poor audio/video while in audio, video and/or presentations.

The problem is that Zoom always deal with this problems telling you that everything looks good and it is all about your network (LAN/WLAN, WAN, Internet ...) and maybe they are right.

Normally the problem is that we need to investigate in deferred time and not in real time.

I use to check Resource Monitor in Windows 10 to check jitter and delay, but it is not possible in real-time while the user is using the computer.

In another way, I’ve found an interesting article about how to monitor Zoom performance to check if this is due to our network or AWS infrastructure in use: 1 and 2

Should IT managers and users need to understand that a Cloud service is by definition unreliable due to the many actors that participate? It is not always the Wi-Fi!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card