cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Carlos A. Silva
Participant

[10G/100G etherchannel]

Hi, all:

Just curious if on an XR box is possible to bundle a 10G and a 100G interface together. Will XR support it?

Is there a way to have, say a 100G uplink, and if growth is needed use 10G interfaces (several)? I'm thinking I could do this by using ABF (no bundles anywhere) and try to balance traffic based on source. Can anyone offer a different solution that's 100% dynamic?

Thanks,

c.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gregorio Bueno
Beginner

hi Carlos,

The XR release 4.2.1 introduced the 10x (mixed) bandwidth. This means that a giga ethernet/10 giga ethernet interfaces can be aggregated in a bundle ethernet interface, or a 10 gig/100 giga.

you can find more information in the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/crs/software/crs_r4-2/general/release/notes/reln_421crs.html#concept_F9C0AFB0070D4B6191B3EF55161A6982

Regards,

Gregorio Bueno

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Gregorio Bueno
Beginner

hi Carlos,

The XR release 4.2.1 introduced the 10x (mixed) bandwidth. This means that a giga ethernet/10 giga ethernet interfaces can be aggregated in a bundle ethernet interface, or a 10 gig/100 giga.

you can find more information in the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/crs/software/crs_r4-2/general/release/notes/reln_421crs.html#concept_F9C0AFB0070D4B6191B3EF55161A6982

Regards,

Gregorio Bueno

Thanks, Gregorio. At least this gives me something to consider for my customer requirement. Sadly the information on that link, when compared to configuration guides, gets a little confusing.

I'll keep looking for more descriptive info. Thanks again.

No luck finding further info on this. Anybody out there has information explaining how load-balancing would work in, say, a 10G+100G bundle? (just one interface of each). To further describe the scenario, let's assume it's a CRS connected to an ASR9k.