cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2-level policy on NCS5500

Mollerstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi fellows, whats your thoughts about this.

As you probably know this is working fin on a 9K router, but fails on a NCS

You may also refer to the VOQ and the usage of qos-groups and output policy on the coresponding interface (core) interface when remarking traffic (IP and or MPLS)

But I would argue that the numbers of qos-groups (8) is not enough and you can not set both mpls exp and ip prec in the same policy/class-map

Anyhow I am not sure if this is suppose to work on a NCS plattform (Jericho) or not, if its a bug or if its a feature that will come later on.

What I'm trying to acheve is basically:

PE, ingress interface: rate limit the traffic and remark all traffic (as the exceed action in the policer is missing too)

on a 9K you would use a 2 lavel policy but that do not work instead I have to either police or remark/classify) 

any experience or feedback, is the 2 lavel policy suppose to work?

Running 6.5.3 and apologize if there are any typos in the naming of the Acl/class-maps/policys below as I change the names

Option A
OK, this remark to 0

ipv4 access-list NAME_1
10 permit ipv4 any any
!
class-map match-any NAME_2
description IPv4 permit any
match access-group ipv4 NAME_1
end-class-map
!
policy-map CHILD_1
class NAME_2
set traffic-class 0
set precedence 0
!
class class-default
!
end-policy-map
!

Interface
service-policy input CHILD_1

Option B
OK, this remark to 0

policy-map CHILD_2
class class-default
set traffic-class 1
set precedence 1
!
end-policy-map
!

Interface
service-policy input CHILD_2

Option C
NOK this will not remark to prec 0 only police

policy-map PARENT
class class-default
service-policy CHILD_1
police rate 100 mbps burst 6250 kbytes
!
!
end-policy-map
!

Interface
service-policy input PARENT

Regards

Jonas

19 Replies 19

Hi, I will test this in the lab, thanks Xander!

Do you know in what version this can be fixed and is it affecting 5500 or just 55A1?//Jonas

hi jonas, this is applicable to all ncs55, it was meant to be fixed in 652, but apparently there is a side-effect to it.

hence that tech qos may be useful to see if there is a limitation or a side effect that needs to be addressed.

that also if the workaround is unusable :)

cheers!

xander

Hi Xander

thanks, ill go for the option to use the class-default and set TC/IPPrec until this is fixed

a little bit tricky to create any any for ipv4 and ipv6 plus I need to change it back when the bug is fixed

Hi Xander, 

I will go for the workaround using class-default until the bug is fixed, instead of reconfiguring the ACL's (ipv4 and ipv6)

also when the bug is fixed I don not necessary need to change it back if its class-default

//Jonas 

Hi Alexandar, uploaded that to the tac case//Jonas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: