cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

64-bit to 32-bit Downgrade Procedure

philclemens1835
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on downgrading our new ASR 9906's with RSP-880's to our standard version, 6.4.2 SP3 Classic.

I'm copying the 6.4.2 mini from a USB drive (disk2:), and then proceeding with the following commands:

copy disk2:/asr9k-mini-px.vm-6.4.2 harddisk:/

copy harddisk:/asr9k-mini-px.vm-6.4.2 harddiskb:/

admin

copy harddisk:/asr9k-mini-px.vm-6.4.2 location 0/RSP0/CPU0/VM1 harddiskb:/

run /etc/rc.d/init.d/migrate_to_cXR -b eusb -m RSP0 -r

The issue is that it's been running for three hours with no results yet.  Is this normal?

I would open a TAC case, but since these are new chassis', they have not yet been added to our contracts.  I'm working on that part in parallel to this message.

3 Replies 3

Elvin Arias
Level 1
Level 1
Migration takes time, I would give it time if there are not errors logged.

Regarding TAC, you can contact your account team and ask them for an exception if the contract is being worked on.

Elvin

Thanks Elvin.  I've got the case open, and am working through the initial stages of opening a case, providing show commands, etc.

When you say "takes a while", how long is "a while"?  Should I expect it to be four or eight hours?

Since these are new boxes, I'm considering a turboboot to 32-bit.  But, I'm not sure how successful that would be.

This ended up working on about the fifth attempt.  The only thing I did different was run the script missing some parameters, which kicked back a message to run the script with "- h" to get a list of acceptable parameters.  In the help file, it showed the very command I had been typing in previous attempts, so I retyped it again, and it worked.

To answer how long it should take, there was no waiting.  It immediately kicked off setting values and reloading the RSP.  The entire process took maybe 10-15 minutes, but messages were scrolling the entire time.