Views
Helpful
Replies

9000v satellite 10G uplink ports

jorgensor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I read the following in a Cisco Live presentation about the 4 10G ports on a 9000v satellite:

"Initially used as Fabric Ports ONLY (could be used as access port in the future)"

I wonder - which release represents "the future"? 5.1.1?

/Jorgen

6 Replies 6

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jorgen,

This was on the radar (possibly this year?), let me confirm the current status and get back to you.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam and Jorgen

Any news on the 10G access ports on 9000v. 
I´ve been trying to squeeze this info from my sales rep but they haven´t managed to get any useful feedback to me yet...

Greeting

Siggi

Hi Siggi,

It looks like we are going towards a higher density satellite box instead which should provide 10G access ports.

With the current hardware burning a 10G port for a single customer doesn't make much sense.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam

I just heard that there are plans to have 10G access ports on 9000v "beyond 5.3.0" (which is early next at the earliest ?).

Don´t know what "there are plans" and "beyond" involve exactly. In any case it doesn´t sound very committed unfortunately...  :(

Anyway, thanks a bunch for the update!

Greeting

Siggi

Hi Siggi,

I talked to some more folks and verified that indeed we have no plans for this right now as we have not seen the need from customers. Beyond 5.3.0 is 'radar' material and still up for discussion. I would recommend working with your sales rep to build the use-case for marketing, but as I mentioned before we do plan to have this support on other satellite HW in the future which will support higher port density.

Thanks,

Sam

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jorgen,

From an email exchange the other day this is still in the planning phases. I would advise checking with your sales rep or myself in a few months and we can get you the details at that time.

Thanks,

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: