Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A9K-8HG-FLEX-TR/7.1.3 profile scale l3xl

Hi

I can not find information about profile scale on new FLEX cards ?
I have found only information about old linecard.
I have : A9K-8HG-FLEX-TR with RSP5

Default scale is L3
I would like to know how many ipv4 prefixes are in this profile and
how many ipv4 prefixes in l3xl profile
?

I have such option on my asr9k ios xr 7.1.3

bng-max BNG max scale profile
default Default scale profile (L3)
evpn-convergence evpn convergence scale profile
l2 L2 scale profile
l3xl L3 XL scale profile

Konrad

1 Reply 1

AnthonySylvester
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would recommend to check out the system management config guide here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k-r7-1/system-management/configuration/guide/b-system-management-cg-asr9000-71x/b-system-management-cg-asr9000-71x_chapter_010.html?bookSearch=true

There are three scale profiles available on your router:

The default scale profile that supports deployments that require large Layer 2 MAC tables (up to 512,000 entries) and a relatively small number of Layer 3 routes (less than 512,000).

The Layer 3 scale profile that supports deployments that require more Layer 3 routes (up to 1 million) and smaller Layer 2 MAC tables (less than 128,000 entries).

The Layer 3 XL scale profile that supports deployments that require a very large number of Layer 3 routes (up to 1.3 million) and minimal Layer 2 functionality. Note that the support for up to 1.3 million routes is split into IPv4 scaled support and IPv4/IPv6 scaled support. You can configure up to 1.3 million IPv4 routes, or up to 1 million IPv4 routes with 128,000 IPv6 routes. The layer 3 XL scale profile does not support video monitoring.

You can increase the memory available for BGP by configuring the Layer 3 XL profile on the Cisco ASR9000 Series Router using the hw-module profile scale l3xl command. However, this reduces the memory available for some other processes. To activate the new profile, you need to manually reboot the system.

The memory for BGP and the other processes can be verified by using the following commands before and after the configuration:
show processes memory detail

show bgp process performance-statistics | include RLIMIT : This command is available only from Cisco IOS-XR release 6.1.x onwards.

** Please remember to mark this post if it was helpful. **
Anthony Sylvester
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: