Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1006 vs ASR 9001

S. Hasan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All:

I would appreciate if someone can share their lifetime experience and suggest me to finalize the right product between ASR 1006 or ASR 9001.

Requirements:

- We need full internet feed with IPv4 and IPv6.

-10 G & STM-16 interfaces for connectivity.

- 10 Gbps traffic need to be handled by the box.

- MPLS L3/L2 VPN's

I personally after going through IOS-XR feature, prefer this.

Need some expert thoughts in the light of real world experience.

Regards,

2 Replies 2

Hi Sayed,

ASR 9001 does not support STM-16 interfaces. It is purely 1 GE/10 GE platform.

If you are looking for an XR platform that supports STM-16 interfaces, you need to go with the 9006 (or 9904) , RSP-440, SIP-700 and POS SPA (for STM) and Typhoon 10GE linecard. (with Trident you might face an issue for the number of learned prefixes depending on the scale profile you choose: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/116999-problem-line-card-00.html)

If you decide to go with the ASR 1006, make sure you choose dual RP2 ( with 16GB mem), ESP-100 (or ESP-200) and SIP40. This should eliminate the TCAM exhaustion issue, if you decide to do NAT and ACL.; and guarantee and route-scale that might occur. (for the ASR 1000, I would recommend upgrading all of the memories)

HTH,

Michel.

kabiyesi79
Level 1
Level 1
I would appreciate if someone could help with basic configuration for a Cisco ASR 1000 series as a hub aggregation 60 ASR901-12C-FT-D. Thank you in advance.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: