Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR-9001 - XR_434 - A9K-MPA-4x10GE - not fowarding packets

DIEGO ZORRILLA
Level 1
Level 1

In ASR-9001 with XR Version 434

Connection between 2 devices, same platform, same XR Version (434) packets are not been foward.

Change XR Version to 5.1.3 and the fowarding was sucesfull.

Does anyone have the BUGs related to this and the SMUs that i can install to keep working with 434?

Regards

9 Replies 9

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Diego,

Can you explain what you mean by packets are not forwarded?

Do you see the ingress phy counters incrementing for that port?

Do you see the egress phy counters incrementing for that port?

'show int <x>'

What SMUs are you running?

show install active summary

You probably need CSCup69488 which is now superceded by CSCur85208.

Thanks,

Sam

Noup, the ingress / egress counters keep in 0, some times ARP complete sometimes it dont.

The router crash traing to do an OIR.

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:ASR-9001#admin show inst act summ

Default Profile:
  SDRs:
    Owner
  Active Packages:
    disk0:asr9k-mini-px-4.3.4
    disk0:asr9k-k9sec-px-4.3.4
    disk0:asr9k-mcast-px-4.3.4
    disk0:asr9k-optic-px-4.3.4
    disk0:asr9k-fpd-px-4.3.4
    disk0:asr9k-doc-px-4.3.4
    disk0:asr9k-mpls-px-4.3.4
    disk0:asr9k-px-4.3.4.CSCul58246-1.0.0
    disk0:asr9k-px-4.3.4.CSCui94441-1.0.0
    disk0:asr9k-px-4.3.4.CSCug75299-1.0.0
    disk0:asr9k-px-4.3.4.CSCuj01579-1.0.0
    disk0:asr9k-px-4.3.4.CSCum51429-1.0.0

it is probably best to check the np counters to see and register the incoming traffic, show controller np counters <x> loc 0/Y/cpu0

this way we can tell what the precise issue is.

also a show controller <if> stat will help here possibly.

since you are not seeing ANYTHING coming in on the interface counters, Sam's suggestion of the suspect ddts seems very much valid, it seems like the packets are not coming in properly onto the npu possibly, this ddts from Sam will help.

xander

I add in my installation the Service Pack 5 for 434 on both ASR-9001, but the issue is the same.

Even in 1 from 10 ping tests, each one of about 1000 pings, JUST  IN ONE i saw about 80 sucfull pings.

When i Upgrade to 5.1.3 all of the pings all the time were sucesfull.

interesting, i think it might make sense to validate if your current confgi is supported properly in 434. Although good to hear that it works fine in 513, which is also a good release, I'd like to under the precise issue better. Topo and config will help, if you prefer not to share over the community and have sam and me look into this together with you via a TAC case.

xander

Alexey Betin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have a similar problem. ASR9001 with XR 4.3.2. New port on A9K-MPA-4X10GE is not forwarding traffic. Output packet count remains at 0. Remote end reports ARP fails from my side. Configuration is plain ipv4 vanilla. Meanwhile I have my ARP table filling in and plenty of inbound packets. Pings are not going through.

hi alexey, in order to get to a resolution, I think we need more info. For instance, the packet troubleshooting counters from the NP, SPP, etc also knowing what service pack level you're at, which smu's have been installed will be helpful.

can you pull all that info together for us to assess what might be the problem. Do you have a TAC case for this open or is this the first egnagement you have on this issue?

cheers

xander

I encountered this problem yesterday and just starting to investigate. This is a production system so I can't do much. At a moment the line is up but remote end is configured to stay mute. I have no TAC case open yet. I plan on inter connecting two ports together on the same line card and proceed from there. 

The system is XR 4.3.2 with SP1 installed and no other SMUs.

Show commands output is in attachment. Counters have not being reset. 

thanks

Alexey, my solution was upgrading to 5.1.3

Alexander, the SR were i troublshoot this with TAC was SR 633327423.

Make me know if you need more information, maybe i have something that is not in the case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: