I have been fighting (what I think is) a rewrite issue. I cannot get connectivity between two l2transport interfaces in the same bridge-domain. I've tried all kinds of rewrites and can't sort it. I did verify that it works to each side if I use a L3 interface facing them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
interface Bundle-Ether1.9 l2transport
description Hosted - WAN Management - VA-Richmond
encapsulation dot1q 9
rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
interface TenGigE0/0/0/4.20239 l2transport
description XX VLAN9 (WAN Management - VA-Richmond)
encapsulation dot1q 2023 second-dot1q 9
rewrite ingress tag pop 2 symmetric
bridge group Hosted
I start read L2VPN these day but from my first view to config
there are two VLAN tag
first is 2023 second is 9
this for one interface
other have only one VLAN tag which is 9.
so for standard broadcast the two interface must have same first VLAN tag.
so can you change the place of vlan tag from 2023 to 9 and try again.
Thanks for the reply. I can't change the outer tag - it has to stay 2023. Can I rewrite and pop/push/translate somehow? For reference, Be1.9 goes into our core and Te0/0/0/4.20239 goes to a carrier NNI. We have an assigned outer for the site we're going to so all we can work with is the inner. Thoughts?
I think nobody answers because it should work...
Can you try the setup below?
1) have the same setup as in this case
2) shutdown interface BE1.9
3) add to your l2vpn bridge-group a bvi routed interface and configure an ip on the bvi.
4) try to ping the other end of te0/0/0/4.20239
5) if not successful, solve this link tags
6) if successful, shut te0/0/0/4.20239
7) change BVI ip for the other end (be1.9)
9) try to ping the other end of be1.9
10) if not successful, solve this link tags
11) if successful, remove bvi from config and under bridge domain and unshut te0/0/0/4.20239
Hope it helps somehow in debugging process.