Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9001: Command to check Cluster Link status

nominix_iggy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Does anyone know of a command to check the cluster link status as well as SFP information (i.e. PID, serial, etc.)?

Also, the documentation on Cisco seems to use EOBC port and cluster link port interchangeably.  Are these referring to the same thing?

Thank you,

George

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi George,

I took a second look and you are correct, some of  these commands are not there yet. They will be supported in 5.1.x for  the 9001 chassis. The 9006 and 9010 already have these commands  available for use.

nv Edge is built into the mini package. The 9000v is just for supporting 9000v satellites as part of the nV satellite feature.

Thanks,

Sam

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi George,

ad 1) sh inventory

ad 2) EOBC = cluster control plane link, cluster link port might refer to the cluster data plane link

Regards,

Florian

sh controllers gigabitEthernet 0/0/0/0 internal

sh controllers gigabitEthernet 0/0/0/0 phy

Hi Florian,

The Cluster link port are two SFP port that's separate from the normal 4 fixed SFP+ ports, but I think you may have still answered my question.  It looks like for all intents and purposes the EOBC port is the same as the cluster port.

For "sh inventory" and "sh controller gig" (or sh controller tengig), they do not work unfortunately.  The aforementioned cluster link port's SFP does not appear in "sh inventory" only the SFPs in the line cards and the 4 fixed SFP+ ports.  As for "sh controller gig", it does not list the cluster link SFP ports in there either, nor does "sh controller tengig".

I am wondering if it buried in one of the other controller options, but have not found any documentation on the matter.  I believe "sh controller backplane" is supposed to pull stats on the cluster link ports, but does not provide much detail beyond that.

Thanks,

George

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi George,

SFP info such as serial can be found under 'show inventory'

NAME: "module mau ControlEthernet0/RSP1/CPU0/S0/12", DESCR: "1000BASE-LX/LH SFP (DOM), SMF 10Km, MMF 550m"

PID: SFP-GE-L           , VID: V01, SN: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Checking the nV edge EOBC (control) links can be done with the following commands:

• 'show nv edge control swtich-ports-status brief loc '
  • 'show nv edge control control-link-protocols loc '
  • 'show nv edge control control-link-sfp [0|1|all] loc '

The first command simply lists if the port at that second is up. Typically this would be the following ports (different ports on various chassis)

12             SFP+_00_10GE:  up

13             SFP+_01_10GE:  up

The second commands provides a bit more detail.

Key things to look at / what we should see:

• Port enable administrative configuration setting: Enabled
  • Port enable operational state: Enabled
  • Current bidirectional state: Bidirectional
  • Current operational state: Advertisement - Single neighbor detected

• CLM Table version is x (if this number is high / increasing then a link is flapping)

The final command some additional information. The following are some of the more important things to check

• port                                     : 0x00000000 (0) <-0 or 1
  • SFP Plugged in                           : 0x00000001 (1) <-1 is true
  • SFP Rx LOS                               : 0x00000000 (0)<- We want 0
  • SFP Tx Fault                             : 0x00000000 (0) <-We want 0
  • SFP Tx Enabled                           : 0x00000001 (1)<-We want 1

HTH,

Sam

Hi Sam,

It looks like we may be missing a set of commands.  I added my account to cisco-support, but still am unable to access commands like:

show nv edge control control-link-sfp

The only options available under "show nv edge control" are:

clm-trace

control-link-protocols

show inventory is also only displaying information on the 4 fixed port SFP+, the line card, and the RSP.  It is not showing any information on the cluster link or anything on the second chassis.

I checked the installed packages and am unsure if we are missing any PIEs that enable access to these commands:

Node 1/RSP0/CPU0 [RP] [SDR: Owner]

Boot Device: disk0:

Boot Image: /disk0/asr9k-os-mbi-4.3.1/0x100000/mbiasr9k-rp.vm

Active Packages:

disk0:asr9k-doc-px-4.3.1

disk0:asr9k-mini-px-4.3.1

disk0:asr9k-fpd-px-4.3.1

disk0:asr9k-k9sec-px-4.3.1

disk0:asr9k-mcast-px-4.3.1

disk0:asr9k-mgbl-px-4.3.1

disk0:asr9k-9000v-nV-px-4.3.1

Thanks,

George

Hi George,

I took a second look and you are correct, some of  these commands are not there yet. They will be supported in 5.1.x for  the 9001 chassis. The 9006 and 9010 already have these commands  available for use.

nv Edge is built into the mini package. The 9000v is just for supporting 9000v satellites as part of the nV satellite feature.

Thanks,

Sam

Thank you, Samuel!

I was told that 5.1.x is scheduled for release sometime in January of 2014?  Is that so?

Hi George,

I just checked and the last update I was given 5.1.1 is scheduled for mid-January, however it is possible that this will be pushed back a week or two.

Thanks,

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: