Views
Helpful
Replies

[asr9k] 100G MPO to MPO Cable Experience

Carlos A. Silva
Level 3
Level 3

hi, all:

I was wondering if anyone could share their experience with a 100G back to back connection. Last week i tested an asr9k to asr9k 100G SR10 connection. the MPO/MPO cable i used for this test wasn't faulty but we seemed to have a problem in the connector itself. as you might know, when the cable is correctly inserted it 'clicks'. well, sometimes the 100G wouldn't come up a first, all we did to fix it was to unplug it a plug it back in for the interfaces to come up. sometimes it came up by just moving the connector a little so that it would align with the SR10 optics. in the end it was obvious that the cable itself was fine, but we had problems fitting the MPO female on the cable into the SR10 optics.

Has anyone seen this? Any advice?

Someone at Cisco told me Cisco recommends the use of Amphenol or TE cables. Can anyone corroborate this?

Thanks,

c.

2 Replies 2

Aleksandar Vidakovic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carlos,

the connector should indeed click when inserted properly. If you run into this issue again, do check the "show controllers <interface> all". One of the things to look for is the lane sync info. 

regards,

Aleksandar

Gohar
Level 1
Level 1

Which MPO Cable u used for back to back ASR9K 100G connectivity through CPACK-100G-SR10

MPO-24 OM3 MMF Feemal to feemal Type B ?